Tortilla Wrap Chicken Salad
Quick and convenient, these tortilla wraps provide a balanced meal which may be eaten on the go.
||Quick & Easy, Soups & Salads
You can use left-overs from a roast chicken, roast beef or baked ham. Equally meat may be omitted for a vegetarian;- instead substitute with tofu or spread the tortilla with extra hummus for a protein boost.
I like the tomato wraps because they are flavoursome and colourful.
- 2 Tortilla wraps
- 1 cooked chicken breast off the bone.
- 4 cups of mixed baby leaves;- spinach, rocket, watercress. Or shredded iceberg lettuce.
- 8 Cherry plum tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes
- 1 shallot or small onion very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hummus (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- To serve: salad of baby leaves
- Slice and chop the chicken into small pieces and place in a bowl
- Slice and chop half the tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, onion and leaves to chicken. Mix together with mayonnaise.
- Spread each wrap with hummus and evenly disperse the ingredients on top.
- Roll up tightly without squashing the wrap.
- Cut each end slightly larger than the mid sections. For a nice shape cut diagonally as in the photograph and serve on a bed of leaves mixed with tomatoes. Drizzle with French dressing.